Copyright Disclaimer for Tang Prize Website Content
- With the exception of that content stipulated as not being the subject matter of copyright in the Copyright Act (content such as legislative acts, regulations, official documents such as text of speeches or news releases, among those provided in Article 9 of the Copyright Act), all content on the official Tang Prize website, including text, images, pictures, recordings, videos, or other content is copyright-protected by the Copyright Act of the Republic of China.
- Within a reasonable scope, content on the official Tang Prize website may be quoted for purposes of reporting, commenting or discussing, teaching or research, or other legitimate purposes. Where the said content is so quoted, the sources of the said content must be clearly indicated.
- The statutory scope of reasonable use above is provided in Articles 44 to 65 of the Copyright Act.
The electronic rights management information made on this website may not be removed or altered without the prior consent of the Tang Prize Foundation, unless the removal or alteration is done in accordance with the provisions in Article 80-1, Paragraph 1 of the Copyright Act, namely,
- Where removal or alteration of electronic rights management information of the content is unavoidable in the lawful use;
- Where the removal or alteration is technically necessary to the conversion of a recording or transmission system.
- Unless otherwise provided in the statutory law or having obtained prior authorization from the Tang Prize Foundation, users of the official Tang Prize website may not download, repost, or otherwise reproduce any of the content belonging to this website; nor may users, in any form whatsoever, alter, publish, publically broadcast or transmit, resell, lease, remake, disseminate, publically perform or exhibit, or in any other way provide to the public any of the content belonging to this website. Users may not use any content or services belonging to this website, in part or in whole, for personal or non-personal gain.
- Users of this website may not download, repost, reproduce, alter, transmit, publish, disseminate, or in any other way use the content published on this website whose copyright does not belong to the Tang Prize Foundation without having obtained prior written permission from the content provider (i.e., the copyright holder). The user who violates the forgoing shall bear all legal responsibility for the consequences thereof.
- Third-party websites or content linked to on the Tang Prize website and all content on those websites provided by entities other than the Tang Prize Foundation are the property of the linked destinations, content providers, or the legal owners of the websites or content, and are not the property of the Tang Prize Foundation. The Tang Prize Foundation does not guarantee the veracity, correctness, timeliness, completeness, or legality of any third-party websites or content linked to on the Tang Prize website.
- Altering or removing any of the website’s copyright disclaimers, copyright labels, or other such notices is strictly prohibited. The interpretation and application of this disclaimer and all disputes arising therefrom shall be governed by the Law of the Republic of China, unless where foreign law shall be applicable in accordance with the provisions of the Act Governing the Choice of Law in Civil Matters Involving Foreign Elements. All disputes arising from this disclaimer shall take the Taiwan Taipei District Court as the court of first instance.
- Users wishing to use content or services belonging to the Tang Prize website, or users who have other related requests, should first refer to the relevant service policies or stipulations to understand the application of the law in that instance; if no information pertaining to the user’s needs is found, the user is advised to contact the Tang Prize Foundation for relevant information.